Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book List

As promised, here is a list of books I use and used to achieve some semblance of mindfulness. This is just a selection, but a selection of my favorites. Some I am still reading, some I reference quite a bit, and I find all of them helpful. Please feel free to mention additions to the list in the comments or an email. I will add them to the list and look forward to reading recommendations.

Peace and much love,
Sarah

And here is a favorite quote to think about this evening and the coming days...

"Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth, "you ow me." 
  Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky."
  -Hafiz

Book List (these are in no particular order)


Dr. Wayne Dyer (any and all of his books, meditations, or lectures)
Especially...
Wishes Fulfilled
Excuses Begone
There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
Your Erroneous Zones
You'll See it When You Believe It
The Power of Intention

Marianne Williamson (any and all of her books and lectures)
Especially...
A Return to Love

Gabrielle Bernstein (any and all of her books, meditations, and lectures)
Especially...
Spirit Junkie
May Cause Miracles

Foundation for Inner Peace
A Course in Miracles

Jon Kabbat-Zinn
Arriving at Your Own Door

Jelaluddin Rumi
The Rumi Collection

St. Theresa of Avila
The Interior Castle

Viktor Frankl
Man's Search for Meaning

Hafiz and Daniel Ladinsky
I Heard God Laughing: Poems of Hope and Joy

Eckhart Tolle
A New Earth
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

Rick Warren
A Purpose Driven Life

Elizabeth Lesser
Broken Open
The Seeker's Guide

John Shelby Spong
Jesus for the Non-Religious
Liberating the Gospels

Devon Franklin
Produced by Faith

Paul Tillich
The Courage to Be
The Shaking of the Foundations

Sarah Ban Breathnach
Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy

Martha Beck
Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Have
Steering by Starlight
The Joy Diet

Tal Ben-Shahar Phd
Happier

Living Our Dying
Joseph Sharp

Steve Hagen
Buddhism It's Not What You Think



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great list, Sarah! I am reading some of these and they are wonderful for reflection and creation of a positive attitude. I also just read "The Secret Garden", by Frances Hodgson Burnett, which is a children's book, written in 1910. I was enthralled and impressed by its message of the power of love and friendship and nature to bring joy and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting these books! I love how they are such a vast array of 'goodness'. I'm sure this took a lot of time to narrow down and compile, so thanks much for sharing your inspiration! I can't wait to get reading...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate all of your words.